View and download a PDF version of our current Fall/Holiday 2017 events brochure. It includes events of our members through December, as well as a Preview for 2018! Click here and zoom in for details: Fall.5.web
- This event has passed.
Painting with Acrylics Weekly Workshop
October 27, 2017 @ 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM
An event every week that begins at 9:30am on Friday, repeating until October 27, 2017
This is a great course for anyone who would like to learn the basics and build their painting confidence through fun foundational exercises in color mixing, creating form, and value studies. You’ll also learn how to apply paint through layering, glazing and brush techniques. We will build on these principles and techniques and put them into practice by completing a painting of a still life. This course is suitable for beginners and for those who would like to brush up on their painting skills. For those students that would like continue with the basic class or for those that would like to work in a group setting with feedback from the instructor, this workshop will accommodate all levels.
Beginners will learn the following:
- create an paint your own color wheel and how a color wheel works
- how to mix tints and shades of a color to build your “color vocabulary”
- why a gray scale matters and how to create form through values
- how to set up a simple still life to practice from life
- plus so many more tips and information to build a strong foundation in painting.
Instructor, Linda Marino